Listen to Saroja Audio Songs at MusicMazaa.com

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Sasikumar Flies High

It is no easy task to recreate the magic of 1980s. 'Subramaniapuram', a retro classic, by Sasi Kumar was bang on target. He managed to recreate the lifestyle and culture of the 1980s wonderfully well.Says the director, 'I watched family marriage videos of the period where movie posters were seen during the processions. In my old house in Madurai my family had still kept the wooden TV cabinet with the shutter, typical of that period. So I could use that too. I looked around extensively for props. I searched the net for advertisements of the period. That's how all the detailing fell in place.'He is gearing up to act for his next venture 'Nadodigal', which is to be directed by Samuthirakani. Meanwhile he has reportedly decided not to act in his next directorial venture which is slated to begin early next year. 'I would prefer to direct', he said.

No comments: