Listen to Saroja Audio Songs at MusicMazaa.com

Monday, August 18, 2008

I am staying - Benitez

In the wake of the ignominious Gareth Barry transfer saga, there have been rumblings that Liverpool’s owners have denied the Spaniard the requisite transfer funds for the deal.As such, it has been suggested that the coach and hierarchy are at loggerheads over the stand-off, and Benitez could be ready to quit the club.

Speaking after a weekend in which his club restored winning ways following last Wednseday’s disappointing 1-1 against Standard Liege, the Champions League winner distanced himself from an Anfield exit. He told the Liverpool Echo: "I don't read headlines on the day of the game, but my commitment is 100 per cent with the fans, with the players and with the club in general.

"I say 100 times my family is happy here - we want to win trophies at this club because it is a massive club."If we have problems because we are not doing things which, in my opinion as a manager we could do, I will work as hard as I can for the club."I do have some disappointment because we do not always have the same ideas but it doesn't matter because I will continue to fight.

"I know the people of Liverpool like to fight for what they believe in and I do too."

No comments: