Listen to Saroja Audio Songs at MusicMazaa.com

Friday, July 11, 2008

Crouch service to Portsmouth


Peter Crouch has completed his move to Portsmouth from Liverpool in a deal that could be worth up to £11m.The 27-year-old returns to Pompey six years after leaving and will work with boss Harry Redknapp for the third time in his career.Crouch said: "It's fantastic to be back. I believe Harry gets the best out of me and think the best years of my career can be here."

The England striker has signed a four-year contract at Fratton Park. Crouch added: "This club is going places and they can match my ambitions."The chance of regular first team football was part of the appeal. I know I'll have to work hard to prove myself in training, but I believe my best years are in front of me.

Liverpool are expected to initially receive in the region of £9m for Crouch, who joined the club from Southampton in July 2005 but only started nine Premier League games last term.Benitez initially said he would consider offers for Crouch in the region of £15m but had to scale back his demands for a player who only had a year left on his contract.Crouch scored 40 goals in 135 appearances for Liverpool but struggled to hold down a regular first-team place in recent times.

Crouch started his career as a trainee at Tottenham before moves to QPR, Portsmouth, Aston Villa, Norwich - where he had a spell on loan - Southampton and Liverpool.

No comments: